What To Do With Your Member ID Card
>Along with this handbook you received an ID card. If you did not receive an ID card, call HWLA Member Services right away.Your ID card has important information on it, including:
- Your medical home name, address and phone number
- Your member ID number
- The 24-hour Nurse Advice Line phone number
- The Member Services phone number
- The Mental Health Access Center phone number
Here’s what to do with your ID card:
- Check to make sure the information on your ID card is correct. Is your name spelled right? Is your birth date right? If anything on your ID card is wrong, call HWLA Member Services at 1-877-333-4952 right away.
- Keep your ID card in a safe place. If you lose or damage your ID card, call Member Services.
Have your ID card with you whenever you:
- Have a doctor’s appointment
- Go to the hospital
- Need emergency services
- Pick up a prescription
- Call the Nurse Advice Line
- Call Member Services
Never let anyone use your ID card as though it were their card. This is called fraud. You can lose your HWLA benefits if someone else uses your ID card to get care.